HAIR CARE ROUTINE!




Hailing from the Southern part of India, oiling the hair is a must. I was blessed with good hair growing up thanks to my mom. Unlike my mom, I have abused my hair a lot and hence ended up losing the thickness I once had. I have colored, bleached, straightened my hair and have used a lot of heat and still continue to do so. So oiling my hair has helped me a lot. I generally take a hair wash everyday , YUP I do, only because I workout and sweat a lot. During the weekends since its my break day I try to give my hair a break, but some of the weeks I give it some extra love by oiling it. I use a mixture of oils which have really helped with giving my hair life. Below are the ingredients I use and their benefits for your hair. Depending on how long or short your hair is you can adjust the measurement. 



Since castor oil is thick I use about 1 tsp, 1 tbsp of olive and coconut oil each, 1 tsp of aloe vera gel and two Vitamin E tablets (poke the capsule and use the serum inside). If you have any extra left. Store it and use it the following week. Massage this mixture into your hair and leave either over night or for 30 min to an 1 hour and then wash off with shampoo and conditioner. 
  • Olive Oil - This oil helps to bring back the moisture to the hair and leaves the hair looking healthy and shiny. It helps with brittle ends and frizzy hair and helps to soften your hair. It also helps to replace the extra silicone ingredients used in conditioners thats give you a false feeling of having soft hair for just a few hours.

  • Coconut Oil - This oil helps to prevent damage from combing and brushing. It helps to grow your hair longer and thicker. It contains a nutrient called lauric acid which penetrates into the hair shaft and improves the overall health of the hair. It also helps to fight dandruff.

  • Aloe Vera Gel - You can either use the aloe plant or the bottle gel. This contains proteolytic enzymes that heal and repair damaged cells in your scalp and improves follicle health and boosts healthy and faster hair growth. It also helps to reduce hair fall. The moisture content of aloe vera helps condition your hair, locking in nutrients and hydration.

  • Castor Oil - This oil is pretty thick so it can get difficult to use it on its own but it has amazing properties that will help your hair. This oil has a natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties and is high in Vitamin E, minerals, proteins and Omega 6 and 9. It consists of an acid called Ricinoleic acid that helps to increase the circulation to the scalp and improve hair growth.

  • Vitamin E - This has antioxidant properties that helps to repair the damaged hair follicles and prevent tissue corrosion and encourages healthy hair growth. This is not only good for your hair but your skin as well .



Do try this out and let me know what you think of your hair :). You can do this once a week for better and faster results.



Comments

Popular Posts