BOXYCHARM AUGUST 2017 REVIEW

I am absolutely loving all the products I receive in my BoxyCharm, every month gets better and better and I can't wait to receive the Box for Sept. The products I received for the month of August are as below;

1. @tartecosmetics Rainforest of the Sea palette.
2. @adesse_ny Nail Lacquer 
3. @purcosmetics Lashes
4. @aloette Face paint:  Lip and Cheek tint 
5. @royallangnickel Brushes 


Rainforest of the Sea palette by Tarte Cosmetics

The Tarte eyeshadow palette is my most fave. It is best when applied with the finger. I did use the brush received along with this box and it worked perfectly fine, but somehow when I used the palette with another brush it did not pick the color too well. But over all I absolutely loved it and that is why I give it a 5 out of 5. You can see the pic of the swatches below and how they transfer on the eyes. Click the link if you would like to buy the Rainforest of the Sea palette.  This palette retails for $36.






Gel Nail Polish by Adesse New York

The shade I received is gorgeous its called "Madison Square." It is very pigmented on the first coat, but looks better with two coats. Dries pretty quickly. But I did notice that the paint came off after 2 days, reason could be because I my hands were in constant touch with water ( washing utensils and doing other house work). But in all its a beautiful color and def looks like del polish. I give it a 4.5 out of 5. This retails for $18. I do think it is a little too much for a polish, I am glad I could try it out because of Boxycharm. Click the link to buy the Adesse Gel Nail Polish.





Lashes by Pur Cosmetics

This lashes look beautiful, however since I am not a fan of wearing Lashes I haven't tried them yet. I generally prefer wearing just a mascara when I go out. I would def wear these lashes someday I am going to attend a party or wedding. I love the fact that these lashes are cruelty free, made from synthetic lashes and can be worn up to 30 times. Give these lashes a 5 out of 5 though.  These lashes retail at $14. Click the link to buy these lashes.




Face Paint: Lip and Cheek Tint by Aloette 


The color is a beautiful pink shade. The consistency and texture is creamy. If applying on the cheek a little goes a long way, and it is easy to blend with either finger or a blush brush. It did not last very long on the lips however if you want a natural look this is fine. This product consists of ingredients like Jojoba Esthers, Vitamin E and essential oils and works to soften , heal and nourish the skin. I personally prefer wearing this on the cheeks, but I would still wear it on the lips for its healing properties. This retails for $35 and can be purchased here. I have worn this on the picture shown above.



Moda Pro Brush Set by Royal & Langnickel

These brushes are gorgeous. I received three of them, first one is the Pointed Blush brush (BMX-130), you can use this brush to apply blush and powder with precision or use the tapered edge to create a subtle contour. The next brush is Chisel (BMX-250) which is a pretty versatile brush that can be used to apply highlight or contour because of it's unique curve design. The last brush I received is the Crease BMX-430 which is used to define and blend the crease or use to buff over your entire lid. This brush set retails for $26. Definitely gets 5 out of 5 from me. You can buy these brushes here.




CONCLUSION:

If you are makeup junkie like me, you should definitely sign up for BOXYCHARM. The total price of this box is $129 and I paid ONLY $20. NO, this is not a sponsored review, I absolutely love the value I get from Boxycharm for the amount I pay each month. If you love collecting makeup like me then this subscription is for you. I have stopped buying makeup because I am super happy with the products I receive every month. Definitely worth every penny.  

Waiting for the September box, want reviews, then keep watching this space :)

XOXO
Varsha

Comments

Popular Posts