BOXYCHARM DECEMBER 2016 REVIEW

Finally I got the time to review my December Boxycharm box. I was so excited to receive it , but since I was on a month long vacation in India I had to wait a bit to open it. FINALLY the day arrived when I reached home and got my hands on the box...ANOTHER palette YES!!!!! The following were the products I received:

Boxycharm December 2016



1. Buff Collection Eyeshadow Palette by Pure Cosmetics
2. Nail Lacquer by Butter London
3. Metallic Liquid Lipstick by Ofra Cosmetics
4. Mini Makeup Eraser by Makeup Eraser
5. Lip Liner by Iby Beauty

Boxycharm has been so generous with their product selections, its amazing!! So glad I shifted to these guys. Always good to get more for the amount you pay :D ....

Lets start of with the product that got me excited the most.... The Buff Collection Eyeshadow Palette by Pure Cosmetics... To be honest I haven't heard of this company before I received the product. This palette comes with 12 eyeshadows (9 shimmery and 3 matte shadows.), a mirror and a two sided brush. The packaging looks nice when you see it, but it is like a tin and pretty flimsy, not something you would expect for a pricey palette.  The total value of the eye shadow palette is $ 50, i.e. approx. $4.20 per eyeshadow.  The colors range from pinks, to purples to few brown shades and they are very pigmented, but you need to be careful while applying the dark colors because there are fall outs. Below is a pic of the palette and the swatches.


Swatches with flash
Swatches without flash


Next we shall move to the Nail Lacquer by Butter London. I rarely go get my nails done from a saloon, so getting nail polishes in these boxes are always welcome.. The shade I got in my box is called Ruby Murray which is a beautiful maroon shade and I absolutely love it. I generally prefer darker shades to lighter ones as it complements my skin tone pretty well. The packaging is very cute, it is easy to use like any other nail polish and applies well on the nail, the only drawback is that, it is not fast drying. This nail lacquer retails for $15. This is overly priced for a nail polish, its nice that I received this in the box, but personally I wouldn't buy a nail polish that would cost me so much.





Next moving on to the Metallic Liquid Lipstick by Ofra Cosmetics. Ever since I received my first Ofra product I fell in love with the brand. First of, I don't think this is a lipstick, its more like a lip lacquer, which is a vine metallic shade. This color is not something I would pick for myself, but eh its alright to be adventurous once in a while yea? For any one who is interested in this shade it is called Napa Valley. The formulation of this lip lacquer is smooth, smells nice, and applies nicely on the lips, but after a while I felt that it was drying my already dry lips, and yes it does transfer. The price of this 'lipstick' is $19.90, pretty pricey  .. This is definitely not a color that I would wear even on a night out, maybe i'll just keep it for next halloween if I dress up as a devil or vampire ;). 






Next moving on to Mini makeup eraser by Makeup Makeup eraser. I was very impressed with the product. I generally wear black khol on my lower waterline everyday, which gets pretty hard to remove and like many of you out there I too get super lazy to remove my makeup at the end of a long day. But after using this makeup eraser, removing makeup became so much easier, no burning or tearing of the eye (most of the eye makeup removers end up burning my eyes which is not a good feeling). This eraser is free of chemicals, and gets rid of waterproof makeup too. And the best part is that this cloth will last you a 1000 washes, all you need to do is add warm water and then remove the makeup.  The price of this mini makeup eraser is $6.50, which is a very reasonable price for the usage. You can also get the original makeup remove for $20.00.




Last but not the least is the Lip Liner by Iby Beauty. I generally don't use a lip liner before applying a lipstick. So instead I ended up using this as a lip shader along with my light brown lipsticks, and it looked pretty good. Price of the lip liner is $14.00, too pricey I must say, I could actually get two lipsticks for this price. This product is not something I would buy again.




Overall the products received this month were amazing, and I am very happy with the box. My most favorite hats off is the palette. The total value of products inside this box was $105.40, and I paid ONLY $21 for this box. AMAZING VALUE... if you too want to get this box then sign up HERE.

Do comment and let me which one is your favorite out of these products. Eagerly waiting for my January box to come in to see what all I get for the month <3...

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog for more of these reviews. 

WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

~XOXO~
  ~Sree~

Comments

Popular Posts